In my lightboxes:
Point Royal, Grand Canyon
- Title: Point Royal, Grand Canyon
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: North Rim, Grand Canyon National Park
- Nearest Town: Kanab
- Brief Directions: Point Royal is at the end of the road running North and South along the grand canyon rim. Can't miss the parking lot.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Point Royal is a favorite photography spot on North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Paved roads from the park center can take you to where the river bends from heading South to heading West. This day the weather moved into the canyon, blocking all views. Photographers all left the area except my shooting buddy and myself. We had already seen the storm break earlier in the morning and hoped it would happen again. Sure enough, for 15 minutes the storm cleared and then covered the area up again.
- Gear: Sony a900, Ziess 24-70mm lens, Silk Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 148 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!