In my lightboxes:
- Title: Bass Harbor Lighthouse
- State/Province/Region: Maine
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Acadia National Park
- Nearest Town: Bass Harbor
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Acadia National Park, Maine. When I first arrived for sunset, literally busloads of tourists and quite a number of photographers with carbon-fiber tripods were already there, occupying every vantage point imaginable. The sky, unfortunately, did not look particularly promising (to me, at least). I decided to try again after the sunset, hoping the afterglow might be less contrasty and more pleasing. When I came back half an hour later, not only the hordes of tourists disappeared as soon as the sun dipped behind the clouds on the horizon, but also all the photographers but one left, to my surprise. The two of us had the whole rocky shore at our disposal, without getting in each other's way. I noticed a small tide pool on the rocks, reflecting the top of the lighthouse, and decided to make it a part of the composition.
- Gear: Canon 20D, Canon EFS 10-22 mm lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 66 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!