In my lightboxes:
Teddy Roosevelt North Unit Oxbow Bend
- Title: Teddy Roosevelt North Unit Oxbow Bend
- State/Province/Region: North Dakota
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Western North Dakota
- Nearest Town: Watford City
- Brief Directions: Take Highway 85 south from Williston or North from from Belfield. Traveling south, pass through Watford City to the Little Missouri river channel. Turn right at the sign for the North Unit of the Park. At the entrance, a pass is required for gaining access. Proceed west on a Park trail until arrival at the Oxbow Bend Outlook. Here is the view in the image above.
- GPS Longitude: -103.424
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The North Unit of Teddy Roosevelt National Park is particularly colorful in autumn. The fall foliage of the cottonwood and other trees of the Little Missouri river are particularly beautiful. Deer and buffalo may be seen along with species of raptors. The view from the Oxbow Bend vantage point offers an expansive view of badlands of the Little Missouri river.
- Gear: Hiking
This Photo Has Been Viewed 526 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!