In my lightboxes:
Broken Arch - Arches National Park
- Title: Broken Arch - Arches National Park
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Arches National Park
- Nearest Town: Moab
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: When I think of the National Parks I have visited I can't help but keep in mind that I have been but a temporary guest and my photographs only capture a moment in the short time that I visited. To me Arches NP is a layering of red earth and green vegetation shaped into scenes of red rock fantasy and a variety of magnificent landscapes. It is tough to choose one photograph that captures the overall feeling of the park. I chose this photograph because it captures the red and green layering and Broken Arch reminds us how fragile this Park is even though it looks so rugged. Over time, wind and water will change the way this land is sculptured. While we wait we are allowed to explore this land on the many trails as a temporary guest; being able to touch the red rock, let the red sand fall through our fingers, breathe in the arid air, walk beneath and through the arches and marvel, witness how the sun’s light creates grandeur in ever changing scenes, reflect on life and how we fit into it...Broken Arch Trail allows you to do all those things.
- Gear: Canon EOS Digital Rebel
This Photo Has Been Viewed 176 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!