In my lightboxes:
Mission Quarai, Salinas Pueblo Mission National Monument
- Title: Mission Quarai, Salinas Pueblo Mission National Monument
- State/Province/Region: New Mexico
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Mountainair
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Sometime after the abandonment of Mesa Verde in 1300, pueblos began to appear in the Estancia Basin. After the Spanish made contact with the indigenous people in the mid 1500's, they built Missions within the pueblos. These are now known as the Salinas Pueblo Missions. They were abandoned in the 1690's due to drought and raiding Apache.
- Gear: Canon 5D MK II, 24-105mm f/4 IS L lens, Gitzo GT5561SGT Tripod, Manfrotto 468MGRC0 Ball Head, Singh-Ray Warming Polarizer, Singh-Ray 2-Stop grad ND, Cable Release
This Photo Has Been Viewed 288 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!