In my lightboxes:
- Title: Yes, Dear
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yellowstone National Park
- Nearest Town: Mammoth Hot Springs
- Brief Directions: Yellowstone National Park is located in northwest Wyoming. The Lamar Valley, where this image was taken, lies near the park's north entrance just below the Montana / Wyoming border.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This pair of bison gave us quite a chuckle. We watched the cow gently nudge her man from one side of the road to the other, where he would turn complete circles trying to escape her directives. Finally, she successfully herded him across to this rise, where he turned abruptly as if to plead, "Woman, will you stop?!?" His disheveled appearance only added to the humor of the moment. From an artistic standpoint, heavy mist in the Lamar Valley created a filtered, backlit glow of light around the pair which added a beautiful, intimate softness to the scene.
- Gear: Nikon D800; Nikkor 70-200mm lens; Hoya circ polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 330 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!