In my lightboxes:
- Title: The Lookout
- State/Province/Region: Maine
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Acadia National Park
- Nearest Town: Mt Desert Island
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: The Bass Harbor Lighthouse shines through the night sky as the Milky Way starts to descend.
This was the shot that almost got away. I had this in mind and planned out well before I had arived in Acadia. Before the Milky Way was in place on my first visit, the sky was covered by almost the only clouds I saw all trip. A change in forecast for the night before my drive back to New Jersey gave me one last chance to capture it. I set up to take some star trails while waiting for everything to be in position only to have my battery die moments before I took this. Luckily, I had a fully charged backup battery in my bag. I ran to grab it, set back up and started to shoot again. Sitting out under the stars and listening to the water crash against the rocks was an experience that words can not do justice.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark III, Canon 16-35 f/2.8 II, Tripod, Remote
This Photo Has Been Viewed 128 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!