In my lightboxes:
Morning Rays Of Light - Yosemite Valley
- Title: Morning Rays Of Light - Yosemite Valley
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite Valley-Yosemite National Park
- Nearest Town: Foresta
- Brief Directions: HWY 120 from the West, via Manteca, or HWY 140 from the West, via Merced, to the entrace to Yosemite National Park. Follow signs to the Tunnel View Overlook.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: This is the famous view, usually referred to Tunnel View, or Valley View. On this particular morning there were no clouds or mist to add drama to this scene. Therefore, I waited patiently, as I noticed the sun was going to rise just behind El Capitan. I hoped this would shed some dramatic light on the valley below. I thought that the sun's rays would add more drama, as well as increase balance to the overall scene.
- Gear: Nikon D700 Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5 Manfrotto Tripod Giottos Ballhead Singh-Ray ND Grad
This Photo Has Been Viewed 424 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!