In my lightboxes:
Roan Mountain Rhododendron Bloom - A Glorious Greeting
- Title: Roan Mountain Rhododendron Bloom - A Glorious Greeting
- State/Province/Region: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Blue Ridge Mountains
- Nearest Town: Spruce Pine NC
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Spring rhododendron blooms along the Appalachian Trail near Jane Bald in the Roan Mountain Highlands area. The Southern Appalachians offer up such gorgeous landscapes when the catawba rhododendron flowers and flame azaleas are blooming, and hiking the Appalachian Trail at this time of year is a spiritual experience for outdoor lovers. This classic view from Jane Bald looking toward Roan Mountain is one of my favorites, and I was thrilled to get such great light on the mountains when we visited. Click the image to view it large! Hope you enjoy it, comments welcome! ;-)
- Gear: Nikon D700 w/ 17-35mm 2.8
This Photo Has Been Viewed 135 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!