In my lightboxes:
- Title: Breaking Through
- State/Province/Region: New Mexico
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Bosque Acres
- Nearest Town: Albuquerque
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The first day of the 2012 Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta was called because of high winds.
The weather man didn't give day two much of a chance of getting off the ground either, but Mother Nature had her own ideas...and hundreds balloons were able to fly.
The clouds were unreal -- no, I mean those are the real clouds -- but they were incredible.
Yes, that is the sun trying to peek through. I couldn't see the disk with my naked eye, but the fast shutter speed did the trick, and gave me a visible sun and silhouetted balloons.
I like it because it's not like a typical postcard-like balloon photo.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Nikkor 18-30mm f/3.5
This Photo Has Been Viewed 92 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!