In my lightboxes:
- Title: Eminent Rain
- State/Province/Region: Arkansas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Little Rock
- Nearest Town: Little Rock
- Brief Directions: Photographed from new walk bridge, parallel to I-430 bridge.
- Description: Panorama, I-430 bridge, Little Rock, Arkansas, August 26, 2012.
A challenging composition but the clouds really came through for me on this day. The layers of clouds offer so much depth and interest to this photograph.
For those of you who are curious...Eminent is not a typo. :)
Sometimes, I use a term out of context to really get the viewer to think. In this case, my use of 'eminent' was to invoke its meaning of "imposing height", with its synonyms of high, lofty, prominent, and towering. This is what I used to describe the clouds and rain in the photograph.
If the viewer then, subsequently, considers the homophone 'imminent', you now have multiple interpretations of these terms in the same photograph. Both, actually, apply. :)
- Gear: Canon 7D, 18-135mm lens, Bogen tripod and head.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 298 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!