In my lightboxes:
Fiery Storm Above Mono Lake
- Title: Fiery Storm Above Mono Lake
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mono Lake/Eastern Sierras
- Nearest Town: Lee Vining
- Brief Directions: From Hwy 395, located east of Yosemite National Park, drive 5 miles south to sign for Mono Lake, South Tufa Area. Turn left, and continue east for about 5 miles, until the parking area.
- Description: As I have waited a long time for natures elements to produce conditions like these, I made sure to stick around until the storm had completely passed. It was at this point during sunset that part of the sky turned a fiery red.
Being privileged as I was to witness this scene, makes all the waiting worth it.
- Gear: Nikon D7000 / Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 / Gitzo Tripod / Vanguard Ballhead / Singh-Ray 3-Stop soft ND Grad
This Photo Has Been Viewed 714 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!