In my lightboxes:
- Title: Morning Light
- State/Province/Region: New Mexico
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Bosque del Apache NWR
- Nearest Town: Socorro
- Brief Directions: I-25 south of Socorro, NM about 5 mile to hiway 380 (San Antonio), turn right on hiway 1 (Old hiway 85) for a few miles to the Refuge entrance.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Along Hiway 1 south of San Antonio, NM there are a number of ponds on both sides of the road as you approach the Wildlife Refuge. The ones on the west side of the road offer spectacular opportunities for snow geese and sandhill cranes in the early morning light. Distances are relatively short as well.
- Gear: Nikon D3 and Nikon 600 f4
This Photo Has Been Viewed 173 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!