In my lightboxes:
Merced River Morning
- Title: Merced River Morning
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite National Park
- Nearest Town: El Portal
- GPS Longitude: 37.71883
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Early morning view of the Merced River from Cathedral Beach in Yosemite National Park just below El Capitan. Awoke to try and catch the first light hitting the east side of El Capitan. This time of year did not light much more than the tip of the nose. Waiting a few minutes longer provided this view—warm light on the trees with a reflection on a very swollen Merced River, while the surrounding area (and El Capitan in the background) stays in cool, blue light.
- Gear: Nikon D70, NIKKOR 28–80mm f/3.5-5.6D
This Photo Has Been Viewed 55 times
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!