In my lightboxes:
- Title: San Simeon Sunrise
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Piedra Blancas
- Nearest Town: San Simeon
- Brief Directions: Take Hwy 1 North from San Luis Obispo, through San Simeon and on to the Elephant Seal Rookery.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: December-January is the best season here as the elephant seal rookery is full of action. New pups have been born, the bulls are fighting over the cows. There's a lot of action, especially at sunset when everyone wakes up after a day of basking in the sun.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mk2, 24-105 L lens @ 47mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 230 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!