In my lightboxes:
Alpenglow In Banff National Park
- Title: Alpenglow In Banff National Park
- State/Province/Region: Alberta
- Country: Canada
- Nearest Area: Johnson Lake
- Nearest Town: Banff
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: I was on an epic week long adventure exploring Banff and Jasper National Parks in Alberta, Canada. This photo was taken on my first night in the park. I had been wandering around Johnson Lake most of the day and decided to stay for sunset. As the light started to change I realized the shot I had in mind along the lake wasn't going to turn out how I’d envisioned it. I grabbed my pack and camera still hooked to my tripod and started running around the lake and up the side of the mountain. I should've taken this as a sign because I found myself literally chasing the light the rest of the trip. Once I got to higher ground I was able to capture more of the overall scene. A storm was moving in and the wind started to pick up. The sun poked through the clouds to light up the mountains only for a second. I composed the shot, placed my filter in front of the lens and clicked the shutter. All that running paid off in the end!
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, 70-200mm, Singh-Ray ND 3-stop reverse, Warming Filter, Gitzo Tripod, Kirk Ballhead, Clik Elite Backpack
This Photo Has Been Viewed 68 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!