In my lightboxes:
North Branch In B&w
- Title: North Branch In B&w
- State/Province/Region: Illinois
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: River North
- Nearest Town: Chicago
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This view of the north branch of the Chicago River is hands down one of my favorites. Its a great view of the financial district of Chicago which includes building such as the Willis Tower (It will always be the Sears Tower to me...), UBS Tower, Beoing Headquarters, and the Civic Opera House. On this morning, the distant sounds of L-Trains crossing the bridge in the distance broke the silence every few minutes while storm clouds shrouded the massive Willis Tower from view. I waited patiently hoping the clouds would break enough to see the tower and finally after about 30 minutes or so, the clouds broke. I only had about 5 seconds or so to capture this image before the storm clouds once again blocked her from view.
- Gear: Canon 1DX - Canon T-SE 45mm 2.8
This Photo Has Been Viewed 123 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!