In my lightboxes:
Moon Over The Canyon
- Title: Moon Over The Canyon
- State/Province/Region: Arizona
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Cardinas Beach
- Nearest Town: Grand Canyon
- Brief Directions: Hike the Escalante Route through the Grand Canyon.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I brought only a 50mm lens and an XS on my 5 day Grand Canyon backpack this year. It saved some weight, and forced me to get creative. We had some amazing moon conditions! It came up every night over the Canyon's walls, and this night on Cardinas beach was the most beautiful. I got lucky, as for this shot, no lens creativity was needed - I would have chosen the 50 no matter what!
Tamarix surrounding me on the beach made for a cool silhouetted foreground that reached up towards the moon, which I thought was cool.
- Gear: Canon Rebel XS, 50mm f/1.8
This Photo Has Been Viewed 81 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!