In my lightboxes:
Mesquite Dunes Afterglow
- Title: Mesquite Dunes Afterglow
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Death Valley
- Nearest Town: Stovepipe Wells, CA
- Brief Directions: Drive a few minutes east of the village of StovePipe Wells to the turnoff and pullouts for Mesquite Dunes on hwy 190, pretty much in the middle of Death Valley.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Walking into the Mesquite Dunes and shooting was an ethereal, ecstatic experience. For the first time, I had the gear AND the skills (the day after my 1st ever workshop) to shoot well after the sun went down and I was in a simply wonder-ful place, the Mesquite Dunes, with subtle texture and sensuous land forms. As I made my way back to my car by headlamp, I laughed out loud with joy of nature.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark III, 70-200 zoom at 70mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 59 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!