In my lightboxes:
Frozen Pine - Red Rock Canyons
- Title: Frozen Pine - Red Rock Canyons
- State/Province/Region: Nevada
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Las Vegas
- Nearest Town: Las Vegas, NV
- Brief Directions: Red Rock Canyons is only 20 minutes west of Las Vegas but a world apart. The Bridge Mt hike is only for people with serious jeep-road experience and vehicle, or a very long hike, plus to get to the summit you should be comfortable soloing easy 4th class steep, exposed rock slabs, or take minimal climbing gear/ropes. Consult a hiking guide for details.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I was fortunate to do a hike and scramble to Bridge Mt's summit right after a Spring dusting of snow and freezing temps. Bridge Mt is in the Red Rock Canyons of Nevada. This quite old pine tree with snow and ice around it had fallen down but was still living and made a great foreground subject. I went on to a 3rd/4th class solo climb to the summit passing a fantastic arch and water-filled hueco tanks plus a hidden forest in a hidden mini-canyon right below the summit climb.
- Gear: Canon Rebel T2i, 18-55 zoom
This Photo Has Been Viewed 85 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!