In my lightboxes:
Mt Rainer - Mt St Helens In Distance
- Title: Mt Rainer - Mt St Helens In Distance
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Seattle, Puget Sound area
- Nearest Town: Paradise
- Brief Directions: The Fuhrer Finger route on Mt. Rainier goes up from the Paradise parking lot toward the Kautz glacier but turns right below the Kautz to ascend steep couloirs. A great way to get away from the teeming hundreds of people on standard route. I went light with the Rebel camera and one zoom lens. The elevation gain is a bit more then Everest base campe to Everest summit, so going light is useful!
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: On a steep 19 hr climb of the Fuhrer's Finger route on Mt Rainier the other rope team paused to jump one at a time across a 4 foot, 200 ft deep crevasse, I had time to get out the camera and compose a shot, with a bit of minor direction to the guys, who were rather anxious to get on with it but they tolerated my photo-induced pause. I was afraid of blowing out the snow but I got texture even in the bright areas when looked at 1:1.
- Gear: Canon Rebel T2i, 18-55 zoom
This Photo Has Been Viewed 56 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!