In my lightboxes:
Spirit Falls Hydraulics
- Title: Spirit Falls Hydraulics
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Hood River, Columbia River Gorge
- Nearest Town: White Salmon, WA
- Brief Directions: Take the Underwood road about 7 miles west of White Salmon, WA on Hwy 14. At 3 miles look for a wide pullout and look for a faint boot track steeply down and left to the falls.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Spirit Falls is a popular 30 ft whitewater kayaking drop, and a very photogenic falls with massive hydraulics boiling up below the falls and the cascades below it. It is not a well known falls at all and take some rugged cross-country hiking to get to, with tripod positions perched precariously inches from a 40 drop to rocks or death-trap rapids. You also have to cover the lens with a cloth and when teh spray mist abates, jerk off the cloth and shoot quickly.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark III,17-40mm zoom
This Photo Has Been Viewed 53 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!