In my lightboxes:
- Title: Until Tomorrow
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Point Arena
- Brief Directions: Just south of Point Arena, California. The beach is part of Schooner Gulch State Beach. Get a copy of "Photographing California" by Gary Crabbe. His write up gives you all you need to know and more.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Bowling Ball Beach is one of my favorite local photo locations. I've visited this beach numerous times and often went home empty handed due to tide levels or simply poor conditions. On this day I arrived at the beach dismayed by a thick band of fog that blanketed the visible horizon. Knowing the tide conditions were going to be optimal, I decided to still give it a go anyway. Luckily, I was rewarded with beautiful light just before the sun set over the horizon.
- Gear: Nikon D300 / Tokina 12-24 / Lee Grad
This Photo Has Been Viewed 368 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!