In my lightboxes:
Springtime In Avalanche Gorge
- Title: Springtime In Avalanche Gorge
- State/Province/Region: Montana
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Glacier National Park
- Nearest Town: West Glacier
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: A summer trip through the Canadian Rockies with my college brought me to this gorgeous sight in Glacier National Park. Being the fanatic photographer in the group, I forfeited the hike two miles further up the trail to infamous Avalanche Lake in order to work at different compositions of this scene of the Gorge. Afternoon light trickled down the colorful rock walls with as much ferocity as the creek full from snow-melt did down the canyon. Climbing beyond the popular vantage point of the bridge to a precarious rock at the rushing water's edge allowed a cleaner composition with more depth and movement. Total focus and a bit of risk paid off as this became my best photo of the year.
- Gear: Canon 7D, Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS II
This Photo Has Been Viewed 163 times
, Exotic Places
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!