In my lightboxes:
- Title: Successful Brown Bear
- State/Province/Region: Alaska
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: The Cook Inlet
- Nearest Town: Lake Clark National Park
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Coastal Brown Bear (Ursus arctos) female takes her catch back to shore. This young bear was a very successful fisher - she caught about a dozen silver salmon during our week at Lake Clark NP. Once she caught one, she always ran up to the shore and devoured it on a sandy knoll above the beach. She was able to avoid the gulls, eagles and other bears attracted by her success.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 205 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!