In my lightboxes:
Peregrine Falcon Preening
- Title: Peregrine Falcon Preening
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: McGrath State Beach
- Nearest Town: Ventura
- Brief Directions: Take highway 101 North from Los Angeles towards Ventura, take Victoria exit towards McGrath State Beach Campground and then go to Channel Island Visitor center. Park and walk East on the beach towards McGrath State Beach Campground.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Peregrine Falcon preening on McGrath State Beach. He was perching on a dead wood on the beach when I saw him. I gave him a wide berth to get to the right light angle of the early morning sun. I approached him cautiously and crawled the last 10 yards or so to within 20 yards of him. He was unperturbed and let me photograph him for a good 30 min.
- Gear: Canon 1DX, Canon 500f4 II, Canon 2X III, Gitzo 3530LS, Wimberley 2.0 gimbal head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 254 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!