In my lightboxes:
- Title: Green Heron Hunting
- State/Province/Region: Pennsylvania
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Raccoon State Park
- Nearest Town: Clinton, PA
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: An immature green heron on the hunt in the shallows. They are one of the few birds that use tools to catch fish. They drop small items such as stones to attract fish and then strike lightning fast. A section of Raccoon Creek lake functions as a green heron rookery and you can reach it by kayak. The young birds are quite curious and with patience they can be quite photogenic. This photo was taken from my kayak within 15 feet of this bird.
- Gear: Nikon D700, Nikon 70-200 f2.8, Necky Kayak
This Photo Has Been Viewed 274 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!