In my lightboxes:
Frankfort Mineral Springs
- Title: Frankfort Mineral Springs
- State/Province/Region: Pennsylvania
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Raccoon Creek SP
- Nearest Town: Clinton, PA
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Frankfort Mineral Springs was once popular stop in the early 1900's for travelers to bask in the rich mineral springs. It's only a short hike to get to the springs contained in a pleasing grotto. It is best photographed in the early morning for the grotto and late afternoon for light on the wall of the springs. The colors really are this brilliant with the sidelight from the sun. Take a tripod as the area can be dark.
- Gear: Nikon D700, Nikon 24-70 f2.8
This Photo Has Been Viewed 364 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!