In my lightboxes:
- Title: Perfect Storm
- State/Province/Region: New Hampshire
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Franconia Notch State Park
- Nearest Town: Lincoln
- Brief Directions: Rt. 93 North to Franconia Notch State Park. This shot was near the Old Bridal Path trail, but bushwacking might be needed for the best composion. Falling Waters Trail is another nice option. Do the loop over the ridge connecting these trails if you dare.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Too much green in summer, Not enough foliage in the fall. Winter is the perfect time to photograph above tree line near Franconia Ridge in New Hampshire's White Mountains, especially when the colors of sunset work their magic. I waited out a perfect winter storm - relatively low winds and a nice dumping of snow and the all important clearing toward sunset. The fresh snow was paited with the lavendar colors of alpenglow.
- Gear: Canon 5D2, 17-40L, Gitzo tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 308 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!