In my lightboxes:
- Title: Autumn's Realm
- State/Province/Region: Maine
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Baxter Statre Park
- Nearest Town: Millinocket
- Brief Directions: Head north on Route 95 into Maine until reaching Millinocket. Follow signs for Baxter State Park.
- Description: Mount Katahdin comes to life in the fall when the surrounding bogs and marshes come alive with color. Maine's tallest peak doesn't appear too intimidating from this angle, but a hike over the famed Knife Edge will change your mind. I wanted to included the dew dropped grasses in the FG while still rendering Katahdin as the focal point of the image. Instead of using a wide angle, I zoomed in a bit and stacked several focal slices in post processing to render the entire scene tack sharp for maximum print enlargement flexibility.
- Gear: Canon 5D2, 24-105L,polarizing filter, Bogen tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 125 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!