In my lightboxes:
Alpine Recovery - Pemi Wilderness
- Title: Alpine Recovery - Pemi Wilderness
- State/Province/Region: New Hampshire
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Franconia Notch State Forest
- Nearest Town: Lincoln
- Brief Directions: Route 93 north to Franconia Notch State Park, NH.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: While visiting the AMC's Greenleaf Hut in NH's White Mountains this past spring, I had the opportunity to catch this sunrise over the Pemigewasset Wlderness without the usually arduous hike to ridgeline. Summer can be difficult to capture the texture of green foliage, since it is usually all the same color. Alpine spring allowed for some variations in the large areas of green covering NH's largest Wilderness area. Much of the view seen here was logged for timber in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Nature has made a dramatic recovery in this case.
- Gear: Canon 5D2, 24-105L, Gitzo tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 79 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!