In my lightboxes:
Clearing Storm, La Plata Mountains, Colorado
- Title: Clearing Storm, La Plata Mountains, Colorado
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: San Juan National Forest
- Nearest Town: Mancos
- Brief Directions: Located just 40 minutes west of Durango, Colorado off Highway 160, Mancos is a small, western town in Southern Colorado. The La Plata Mountains are part of the Southern Rocky Mountain Range.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: The snow is blowing from the tops of Hesperus, Lavender and Moss Peaks in the La Plata Mountains, near Durango Colorado. For about an hour the storm clouds moved in and out of the scene, painting white on the mountains and revealing the mystery of their location.
- Gear: Nikon D200, Nikon 70-30mm f4 lens, Manfrotto tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 127 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!