In my lightboxes:
Castle Mountain And The Bow River
- Title: Castle Mountain And The Bow River
- State/Province/Region: Alberta
- Country: Canada
- Nearest Area: Banff National Park
- Nearest Town: Banff
- Brief Directions: Castle Mountain is located in the Bow River Valley about 20miles west of Banff along the Trans-Canada Highway in Banff National Park, Canada.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Castle Mountain is one of the iconic Canadian Rockies locations. In the winter months, this peak can get good morning or evening light. I set up my gear along the edge of the Bow River one late afternoon and waited for the light and the clouds to cooperate. I used the Canon 24mm tilt and shift lens along with a polarizing filter and a graduated neutral density filter to help capture this image. Back on my computer, I used Photoshop and Nik Software's Silver Efex Pro to convert to black and white.
- Gear: Canon 5D MkII, Canon TS 24mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 141 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!