In my lightboxes:
- Title: The Great Kiva
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: In The Canyon of The Ancients
- Nearest Town: Pleasant View
- Brief Directions: Off Highway 491 near Pleasant View..Very remote location in The Canyon of The Ancients National Monument. In the Great Sage Desert
- Description: This landscape contains the highest recorded density of prehistoric and historic sites in North America. At The Lowry Ruins, the ancient Great Kiva is 47 feet in diameter and once it had a roof covering it, probably accessed by a ladder through the central opening in the roof or down a series of steps. "Once a sacred place has been established, it is always remains sacred." Tito Naranjo, Santa Clara Pueblo
This Photo Has Been Viewed 179 times
, Black & White
, Exotic Places
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!