In my lightboxes:
- Title: Wizards Breath
- State/Province/Region: Oregon
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Crater Lake N.P.
- Nearest Town: Medford
- Brief Directions: medford to crater lake hwy... then hike along rim.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: During a snowshoe along the crater rim patiently searching for perfect shot with water glassed over i was shooting color slide. I noticed a steam plume forming from atop wizard island. I quickly switched to Ilford b/w iso 100 to capture this event in timeless b/w film. The Plume came from melting snow hitting the sun heated basalt on this 70 deg. day. the event lasted 10 - 20 minutes of awe.
- Gear: Canon eos 3, 24mm canon lens, ilford b/w iso 100 film
This Photo Has Been Viewed 514 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!