In my lightboxes:
Bryce Canyon From Bryce Point, Ut
- Title: Bryce Canyon From Bryce Point, Ut
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Bryce Canyon National Park
- Nearest Town: Kanab
- Description: Well before dawn several years ago, I hijacked my friend's Jeep and headed up to Bryce Point. After setting up my shot, I waited for half an hour for the sun to crest the horizon, shivering uncontrollably and beating my hands against my thighs to maintain sensation in my fingers. Finally, warm light hit the hoodoos below, and I made a series of exposures; I could only make three at a time before my batteries would freeze up, between which I would thaw them in my armpits. Upon returning to my hotel room, the local morning news reported a temperature of -25F at the Bryce airport. Brrrr!
- Gear: Nikon F6, Nikon 17-35mm f2.8, Fuji Velvia 100F
This Photo Has Been Viewed 105 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!