In my lightboxes:
Sunrise, Peyto Lake
- Title: Sunrise, Peyto Lake
- State/Province/Region: Alberta
- Country: Canada
- Nearest Area: Banff National Park
- Nearest Town: Banff, Alberta
- Brief Directions: Peyto Lake is located about 40 km or 26 miles north of Lake Louise along The Icefields Parkway, highway 93N. Then, it's about a 20 minute walk to this viewpoint.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: A few days before Peyto Lake froze over for the winter, I hiked to the famous viewpoint through knee deep snow. It was a bitterly cold morning. Slowly, the warm light of sunrise crept down the face of the mountains as a cloud band hovered above and mist rose off the surface of the lake. This is a HDR composite using three separate exposures combined in Photomatix.
- Gear: Canon EOS 5D MKII, Canon 17-40mm f/4L lens at 19mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 463 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!