In my lightboxes:
Frozen Winter Sunset
- Title: Frozen Winter Sunset
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Wetmore
- Nearest Town: Wetmore
- Brief Directions: HWY 96, Wetmore
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: I wanted to hit one of my favorite spots in Colorado before the full winter hit and it wasn’t accessible by car anymore. I live about 20 miles from the mountains and the day was fairly nice where I live so I grabbed my photo gear and a friend and headed up to the mountains. Pulled up to this great beaver pond I have shot at before but never at sunset, only to see it was frozen! You really can forget how different the temperatures can be in the mountains and it never occurred to me that the water was frozen when it was so nice just 20 miles away. I found the mix of snow and ice created a serene since of winter and it turned out better than if the water wasn’t frozen. After living in Los Angeles for 12 years I can now appreciate being back in my home state of Colorado and being lucky enough to see this great natural beauty out my backdoor.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, 18-105 mm Nikkor lens, Singh-Ray Gold-N-Blue filter, Singh-Ray 3 stop Reverse Grad ND filter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 85 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!