In my lightboxes:
Golden Water, Snow & Ice
- Title: Golden Water, Snow & Ice
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Cotopaxi, CO
- Nearest Town: Cotopaxi, CO
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: I took a Sunday drive with my father who is usually my driver when I am taking pictures. Didn’t have a certain plan or goal in mind just wanted to see what I could find. We drove along HWY 50 in Colorado where most of the Arkansas River was frozen but there were a few spots where some running water was still showing. On HWY 50 between Canon City and Cotopaxi the red canyons along the road are breathtaking in their own right but on this day they helped create some warmth in my winter scene. The reflections of the red canyon walls in the water really made this image pop and it was a surprise to find. Not a bad Sunday drive.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, 18-105 mm Nikkor lens, polarizer, Bogen Tripod, Clik Elite backpack
This Photo Has Been Viewed 109 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!