In my lightboxes:
- Title: Ice Break
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Curt Gowdy State Park
- Nearest Town: Cheyenne
- Brief Directions: About 30 minutes from Cheyenne is Curt Gowdy State Park, with 2 reservoirs for fishing, as well as miles of hiking trails....
- Description: On a chilly winter morning, after a fresh snow I went out to see what was happening, hoping to find some deer after the storm - it was really to cold for anything to be moving, but the lake was beautiful with the ice running around the edges.
A heavy wind creating waves strong enough to break the ice, forcing layers upon each other and 'waves' of ice along the shore.
- Gear: Canon 60D w/ EF 18-55 IS lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 508 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!