In my lightboxes:
Frozen Repeater Tower
- Title: Frozen Repeater Tower
- State/Province/Region: Washington
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Steptoe Butte State Park
- Nearest Town: Steptoe
- Brief Directions: Steptoe Butte is in Whitman County, Washington about 100 miles south of Spokane.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: I've photographed the Palouse from Steptoe Butte many, many times and this winter I made it a point to do it again, but in the snow. I was able to drive about 2/3rds of the way up the butte before I couldn't drive any further. After shooting the snow covered wheat fields below I turned my attention to the repeater tower above and was quite taken by how deeply encrusted it was from the blowing, freezing weather.
- Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III ,Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 1.4 II Tele-extender, Gitzo Tripod 3541, Arca Swiss Mono ballhead, Canon Intervelometor
This Photo Has Been Viewed 167 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!