In my lightboxes:
- Title: On The Run
- State/Province/Region: Ohio
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Killdeer Plains Wildlife Area
- Nearest Town: Marseilles
- Brief Directions: Located in Marion and Wyandot Counties, best to look at map as there are many ways to get there depending on direction you are coming from.
- Description: These whitetail deer are on the run on this bitterly cold day at Killdeer Plains. On this day I was primarily looking fro owls, hawks, and eagles to photograph, and I just happened to catch this scene while traveling. These deer had probably been running more than a half mile when I saw them, they were slowing down. They had probably been chased out of a wooded area by hunters. Killdeer Plains is a bird and wildlife hotspot in north central Ohio. It has lots of wetlands, forests, and grasslands. It is home so many kinds of wildlife and is a big waterfowl migration stop. An owl wintering area is quite popular with photographers.
- Gear: Pentax K-30, Pentax DA 55-300
This Photo Has Been Viewed 68 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!