In my lightboxes:
- Title: Sunset Great Fountain
- State/Province/Region: Wyoming
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Old Faithful
- Nearest Town: West Yellowstone, Montana
- Brief Directions: Great Fountain Geyser sits on Firehole Lake Drive north of Old Faithful. The area is a favorite for sunset with the large terraces surrounding the geyser.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: With eruptions that occur about 12-14 hours apart, it doesn't always erupt at sunset. It had been a cloudless, smoky sunset so I waited until the sun had set and shot the geyser at 1/2 second to catch the motion of the bursts.
- Gear: Canon Digital Rebel XTi, EF-S 18-55mm lens, Manfrotto tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 37 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!