In my lightboxes:
Great Blue Heron Take Off
- Title: Great Blue Heron Take Off
- State/Province/Region: Pennsylvania
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Susquehanna River
- Nearest Town: Herndon
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: While kayaking on the Suquehanna River this past weekend, this Great Blue Herron offered up a photo opportunity. We were seeing a lot of Herron's earlier in the morning but they took flight well out of good photo range. Around mid-day we foated up on this one. It stood tall on a loog as it watch us float by. The angle did not ofer great contrast brtween the bird and the background until we almost were pass. It decided it had enough and took off. I was twisted around in the kayak shooting almost behind me when I took this shot. I was surprised how sharply focused the head was against the dark background considering the position my body was twisted in.
- Gear: Canon T2i; Cannon Zoom Lens 70-200mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 102 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!