In my lightboxes:
- Title: In An Instant
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Farmington Bay
- Nearest Town: Farmington
- Brief Directions: This was taken close to Farmington Bay in the spring when the vegetation was turning green and the birds were around. Farmington Bay is about 15 miles north of Salt Lake City and is part of the Waterfowl Management area.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I always find it easier to take pictures of birds from my car. In this instance I pulled along side the Western Kingbird that was sitting on a post but looking nervous. I like these little birds because to me they seem like they have fuzz rather than feathers. I set to take the shot and found its nervousness took over just as I clicked. It was great to get the motion of it taking off. My shutter speed was slow enough to not freeze the image. Sometimes photographers are good, and sometimes they are lucky. In this case luck was involved because if you see them start to fly, its already too late.
- Gear: Sony A290, f5.6 1/80 300mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 108 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!