In my lightboxes:
Anise Swallowtail, Alviso, Ca, Usa
- Title: Anise Swallowtail, Alviso, Ca, Usa
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Milpitas
- Nearest Town: Alviso
- Brief Directions: Zanker exit on Hwy 237 near Milpitas, CA.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: I am blessed with easy access to the Don Edwards San Francisco Bay Wildlife Refuge in Alviso, CA. I was there one afternoon and was delighted to find a few Anise Swallowtail butterflies. After making several frames of tack sharp images with very fast shutter speeds, I decided to make some frames with slow shutter speeds to capture a sense of movement. This image was made with an ISO of 200, an aperture of f/11 with a shutter speed of 1/80 s.
- Gear: Nikon D300, Nikkor 70-200 f2.8 VR lens, Nikkor 2x teleconverter, Gitzo 1340 Tripod, Kirk BH-1 Ball head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 221 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!