In my lightboxes:
Coming In For A Landing
- Title: Coming In For A Landing
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Giant Sequoia National Monument
- Nearest Town: Kernville
- Brief Directions: From Highway 99 in Bakersfield, CA, take State Highway 178 East for about 46 miles, then State Highway 155 North; Follow the signs to Kernville.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The hummingbirds return every Spring. Despite many flowers, I still get customers who swoop into a feeder on my deck. By pre-focusing on their usual line of approach, using high ISO and high-speed motor drive, one can track them against the mountainside across the Kern River.
- Gear: Canon EOS 1D Mk III, EF 70-200 F2.8L, 2x extender
This Photo Has Been Viewed 172 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!