In my lightboxes:
- Title: Wild Wonderment
- State/Province/Region: Arkansas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Upper Buffalo River Wilderness
- Nearest Town: Ponca
- Brief Directions: Most of the Elk viewing occurs on Arkansas Hwy 43 in Boxley Valley
- Description: On a chilly March morning after a few days of rain I made my way to the Upper Buffalo Wilderness of Arkansas. I was eager to photograph a few of the many waterfalls in the state; however, one of the wonderful things about photography and exploring the outdoors in general is that you never know what nature may present to you. In this case it was a herd of nearly 70 Elk in the fields of Boxley Valley. At that moment my plans went out the window and I spent the morning photographing these incredible animals. The highlight shown here was seeing this precious interaction between a spike yearling and majestic bull.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Nikkor 55-300 mm, Targus Black Label Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 229 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!