In my lightboxes:
- Title: Oak & Sky
- State/Province/Region: Minnesota
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Lowrey Nature Center
- Nearest Town: Victoria (40 miles west of Minneapolis)
- Brief Directions: From Minneapolis 394 west to 494 south to Hwy 7 west. Take 7 west until you see a sign for Lowrey Nature Center take 11 south.
Follow 11 south up to about a mile from the town of Victoria. See tree on your east.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: A grand old White Oak tree that stands alone and prominent on the fringe of a nature preserve prairie area. Seen easily from the county road on an "S" curve It is accessible only by parking in the nature area lot a mile away and then hiking back to it. There is no place on the road to pull over as there is no shoulder and very deep ditches.
I photographed it in the Autumn when the sun was at an angle behind the tree to make the silhouette.
- Gear: Good hiking boots, long pants-depending on time of year, good bug spray
This Photo Has Been Viewed 179 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!