In my lightboxes:
- Title: Double Barns
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Penrose, CO
- Nearest Town: Penrose, CO
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: I live in a very small no stop light town in Southern Colorado. The total population here in Penrose is about 3,500 so you can say it is an everyone knows everyone kind of place. Our Community Library puts out a photography based calendar each year as a fund raiser and this year’s theme is barns. Now days most barns are the metal type or if you do find an old wood barn they are in bad shape. I was lucky enough to discover this rare double wood barn location on one of the dead end streets I had never been down before. I had been taking a number of pictures before sunrise figuring out the perfect angle to capture the best image when the horses came toward the fence to see what I was up to. The horse added a nice extra element of interest to the photo. This barn theme pushed me to find a great location that turned out to only be 1 mile from my house.
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Singh-Ray Gold-N-Blue, Bogen tripod, Clik Elite backpack
This Photo Has Been Viewed 91 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!